NautiNell

NautiNell
NautiNell in all her glory

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Bradenton Boaters like to share - perhaps a little too much!

The sandbar  - from a distance!!
Even farther away!!

Today we’ve found that Bradenton Boaters like to share – perhaps a little too much!

Here’s the story – Mike and I decided that we would take a dinghy ride out to a local sandbar where local boaters like to “hang out”.   The sandbar is located just out the inlet to the Gulf – where it meets up with Tampa Bay.  We had seen it when we had taken the boat ride with our friends last weekend.

We packed a lunch and cooler full of beer and off we went.  It was a gorgeous day for a boat ride and when we got near the sandbar there were several boats anchored out.  As we weaved the whaler through all the boats trying to figure out a good place to drop our anchor we happened to notice something – a little too late, I’m afraid…….

 EVERYONE THERE AT THE SANDBAR WAS BUCK NAKED!! We were the only ones that had clothes on!  Most of the people there were men – they were just standing around in the water having a beer with one another – and the water was not near deep enough if you catch my drift.  They were just “hanging out”!  In fact, they were “hanging out” everywhere I looked.  There were some women there but not many.  Mike couldn’t get out of there quick enough!  All he could say we “oh my, oh my”!  I couldn’t hardly stop laughing!  There was a lot to laugh at, I suppose.  Maybe the water was just cold – wait they all weren’t in the water!  So much for the shrinkage excuse!  This was absolutely crazy!
This wasn't a big party or anything and they weren't young kids.  These were just your average Joes enjoying a few beers out on the water on a beautiful day.  It seemed that they do this all the time!
I don't get it!

We did make it out of there though with our clothes on, I might add.  I know we’re from the Sho-Me State, but this was ridiculous!
I’ll catch you up on the rest of our goings on in a few days – I just couldn’t wait to share this with you all.

Till next time!

Admiral “C”

1 comment: